How to find a local childminder

Parents looking for childminders= if you use the search facility within the blog for you local area you will be able to find info from local childminders

Childminders - if you email me at susiecm3@yahoo.co.uk with details of what you would like posted then I will place your details on the blog, please state your area so I can tag it for easier searching for parents, also ensure there is an email or other form of contact available for parents to access, feel free to provide details of your websites and I will include a link for parents.

IMPORTANT

It is the responsibility of the parents to check suitability of the childminders listed on this blog.

The website is up but still being updated, please feel free to check it out at local-childminder

Thursday 3 March 2011

Jackie Noakes, Potton, Bedfordshire

I have been a registered childminder for 14yrs. I have 3 children of my own- Jenny (11),Tom (15) and Laura (18) all still at school. I got Outstanding for the 2nd time in my latest Ofsted inspection in April 2009.  We have a dog, cats, guinea pigs and African land snails . My husband is an assistant headteacher in a Stevenage school. Previous to childminding I qualified as a  Nurse in 1986 and a Midwife in 1990. I left Midwifery in 1997 to start childminding.


I am the chair of the local childminding group for Potton. I am also an Accredited childminder which means I am able to access Early Years funding for 3 and 4 year olds the same as pre-schools and nurseries. I am part of the Central Bedfordshire Network and have regular contact with the network co-ordinator.
I have looked after numerous children over the last 14 yrs with lots of differing needs. I hope I have helped parents to go to work in the knowledge that their child will be 

nurtured and well cared at my home.


I have a current first aid cert due for renewal in Oct 2013, a level 1 Food Hygiene certificate and a Foundation Degree in Early Years, I am continuing to study with the Open University to gain my BA in Early Years and Early Years Professional Status. I intend to continue childminding when I have finished my BA as I really enjoy my job and find working with children and families very rewarding.


I work Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm. At present I have one space on a Monday and Thursday for an under five year old.
Please visit my webiste

or contact me via Email or tel. tel: 01767260471 or 07780533485




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Can anyone help with a childminding problem?! I am a teacher and am going part time on Monday 21st November. I live on Nursery Close in Potton and need someone to take my youngest daughter to Potton pre-school every morning (term time only). It starts at 8.45 but I need to leave for work at around 8.20-8.30 I will be picking her up so this is a morning only job. In an ideal world I would love someone to pick her up from our house (perhaps en route with other children to pre-school, lower school or Burgoyne) although I realise this may not be possible. I could also drop her off at a childminders house if nearby.
    If you can help me please drop me a line at clairewalmers@gmail.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete